Just like we talked about in my previous post Is Your Film A Moving Train….. creating the ‘illusion of motion’ with your project is the key to getting it off the ground.
Want to see what I mean? Then check out the new podcast interview I uploaded with Producer Miles Maker where we discussed….
• How and why he transitioned from being a PMD (Producer of Marketing & Distribution) to a full fledged Producer
• How he went about getting his initial round of script submissions (and how he continues to do so today)
• How he leveraged a Pitch Deck and other marketing materials to get initial interest from potential partners
• How he got meetings with sales agents and distributors to discuss his projects and get cast suggestions
• The specific steps he followed to make his project ‘real’ and be perceived as a ‘moving train’ to talent agents and managers
• His particular method for getting agents and managers on the phone
• How he leveraged past relationships to bring a bigger producing partner on board and the result that had
• What his finance plans look like
• And more!
Let us know what you think! Got any questions for me or Miles? Just post them in the comments section below….
Want to get more of my Startup Film School podcasts? Subscribe here at iTunes!